The Sacramento Comedy Festival is an annual event featuring improv, sketch comedy, and a stand-up competition with.
The 5th Annual Sacramento Comedy Festival will be held September 18 – September 26, 2015.
We will start accepting applications in the spring.
Performers will be announced Summer 2015.
Stand-up Competition Rules (Updated May 15, 2014)
The Stand-up Competition during the 2015 Sacramento Comedy Festival will feature up to 60 stand-up comedians from around the United States. The competition will be judged by a panel of 3 independent industry professionals. The winner of the competition will be awarded $1000.00.
- This is a tournament style competition with a preliminary round, semi-final round, and a final round.
- Comedians are scored based on three categories: Audience Reaction, Stage Presence, and Originality.
- Comedians will do 5 minutes of material in the preliminary round.
- If a comedian advances to the semi-final round they must do 5 minutes of material different from the material in the preliminary round.
- Comedians can do whatever material they choose if they advance to the final round.
- Comedians who “run the light” will be deducted Stage Presence points.
- Comedians who do not advance to the semi-finals will perform in at least one other show during the Festival.
- Comedians are responsible for their own travel expenses.